Tuesday, October 21, 2014

March of the Cybermen

Haven't we been here before?

Next Episode: The Red Castle

Game version played: 2.5

It seems we’re done with The Snowmen. The next level is named March of the Cybermen. It’s not a TV level and we can win Green and Red fragments. There’s no thumbnail portrait, so no chance to expand our team. It also looks like we’re back on Earth’s moon, just as we were for Dalek Paradox.

I'm using the same team but they're a little tougher this time. I have the 11th Doctor at Rank 2, Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint and Porridge at Lvl.6 and Rory at Lvl.5. My perks are still Increase Heal +5% and Increase Blue Damage +5%. They’ve served me well so far so let’s see if we can keep this undefeated run going.

Well first we get a flash saying Time Distortion. Does that mean we’re facing enemies we’ve bested before? Maybe, as wave 1 consists of two Green Cybermites and a Red Cyberman equipped with Lock. It all looks very Nightmare In Silver. Maybe they’re stronger this time round, as my first attack killed only one Cybermite, winning me a Green Time Fragment. I took 20 points of damage in return and one gem was locked. I still had 717 HP left so I didn’t worry. I did better in the next round and killed the Cyberman and the remaining Cybermite. It was a profitable round as each kill got me a Fragment, 2 Green and a Red in total.

Wave 2 features 2 Green Cybermats. I got them both before they had a chance to strike but I was unrewarded this time.

Wave 3 tops things off with 2 Green Cybermites and 2 Red Cybermen. I was curious as to what damage they might do with a full salvo. However I didn’t find out as I killed them quick and clean. Another victory, hooray for me.

Don't look at me like that.
You'll just have to wait.
Well that was unexciting. Still I got 2 Green fragments and a Red. Rory went up to Lvl.6 and Jenny Flint went up to 7. Before I know it she’ll be at Lvl.10 which will be something.

I had a squint in the TARDIS and found that the 10th Doctor was ready to upgrade to Rank 2. He needs 3 Red Fragments and 3 Green Fragments. It’s decision time again. Promote the 10th Doctor or not?

I’m not playing this Doctor at the moment so the increase in his abilities will matter little. If I do upgrade him then I will get another star, giving me 8 in total. That’s nice but I need 10 stars to get the next perk, so again there’s no immediate benefit. It will also use up 6 valuable Time Fragments. I’ve got bags of Reds so that’s fine, but I’ve only just gone from 2 to 4 Green. Welcome to the resource management aspect of Doctor Who Legacy.

As I said Jenny Flint is at Lv.7. She’ll need 2 Green Fragments when she reaches Lv.10, which might take another 5 or 6 levels. Rory is a bit behind at Lv.6 but he’ll need 2 as well. Porridge and Madame Vastra need other coloured Time Fragments so they’re less of a concern. Obviously I could win more Green Fragments by the time they are needed. However I’ve played 12 levels and only won 4 so far. It would be reasonable to expect the drop rate to increase as we go but I might still fall short.

The Doctors are expensive to upgrade when compared to the Companions, so I’m going to keep the Fragments in my back pocket for now. The 10th Doctor stays at Rank 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment